Sunday, September 29, 2013

Puddle Wonderful

The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.” E.E. Cummings

I spent an entire 2 hours musing today. Lost in my own thoughts and tripping through blogs, I realized a part of me that was missing. Missing writing. Missing the way words fall on to the page unhindered. The way they reveal your insides. In the realization that I am facing some big changes, I decided to open myself up to the blogging world. A tribute to my world. My memories. And the people that inspire me every day. 

So why call it Gumboots and Puddles?

Well that, my friends, is the question.

I'll let you in on a secret. I have a love-hate relationship with the rain. I love the way it cleanses.
The way it runs down a window and forces you to take a moment to relish in the internalness of life. Of self. Of mind. The way you can snuggle up by a fire, hot chocolate in hand and snuggling with a cat. Or lie in bed with it pouring on a tin roof and feel secure and safe in the crazy world.

And yet, I hate it. I hate the way it washes out colour, has a tinge of sadness, hinders plans, and touches that place in our internal soul that wants sunshine and mornings of glory. Charles Chaplin once said he likes walking in the rain because no one can see him crying. And I can definitely relate to that.

But splashing in puddles, dancing in the rain, playing pooh sticks. Those are moments of romance. Of life. Of being alive. In a snapshot, Gumboots and Puddles is about life. It's nonsensical musings about those moments in your red gumboots, jumping and dancing your way in the world in a romanticized and yet inherently grounded way. 

I wanted a place I could answer your questions. I wanted a place to think. To explore where I've been, what I've seen and what I still think I'm missing. So welcome. Welcome to the beginning of my confessions. I hope you want to be part of the journey :)


“And in this moment, like a swift intake of breath, the rain came.”
― Truman CapoteOther Voices, Other Rooms


Over and out,

Cooper.


No comments:

Post a Comment