Wednesday, November 20, 2013

When it rains, sometimes it pours...

Wow. 

What. A. Month. 

Back in September I called it. I called the challenge to actively show gratitude every day for something. I put it out in the big wide world that I was on a mission to be thankful. But, I have to admit, I didn't do so well at times. In fact, sometimes I downright failed. 

To be fair, I had my reasons. From the end of September until the 13th November I was in and out of hospital more times than I can count. I visited theatre twice. I have some mean scars. It's a bit of a blur. And I have most definitely had my moments of handling it all terribly. And that makes me sad. The way we can let our circumstances be the only window we look out of. 

Sometimes I wonder what we'd see if we'd only look up.

But the coolest thing is, hope is always bigger than your circumstances. And those moments of feeling overwhelmed are fleeting. There is always a new season. And love is always bigger than your circumstances. Dancing in the rain is one of the biggest gifts we can have, and will always be one of the coolest moments. Because in that moment, life is pretty darn fantastic.

Now I've had some space to recover, to truly appreciate the value of rest, I've had some time to think. As we head into summer, I think we all tend to forget the rain, spend time laughing, spend time musing, and that's great. It's a season of rest. And I guess I just want to celebrate that. If you're not feeling rested, or you're in the middle of your storm, take heart. There's always a friendly face that will dance around a kitchen, sing in the rain, make you recognize the beauty of a moment. 





Enjoy the sunshine,

Over and out, 

Cooper.


No comments:

Post a Comment